This blog will feature commentary on examples featured in the readings associated with Algorithmic and Data Art at St. John Fisher College. Here’s the assignment:
P1 Goal #1: Students will discern how design or form influences meaning.
Students will contribute to a class blog (10 of 12 entries), choosing one example of new media art from each reading and discussing it with the following considerations:
- Form: what are its physical characteristics. How does the art stimulate the senses. (What do you see? What do you hear? What do you feel?)
- Media: on what platform was it created
- Meaning(s): What can the viewer/user take from the artwork
- Cultural Meaning: What broader ideas about race, class, gender, mechanization, economics, politics, can we take from the work?
- Your view: do you think the work is ultimately effective?
Title your posts with a phrase descriptive of the artwork. Tag your post with a phrase or word that describes the reading and is consistent with your classmates.